Please read the following Agreement. We have made an effort to keep this Agreement concise and understandable. If you have any questions, please contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thank you!
This User Agreement (“Agreement”) describes the terms and conditions that govern the relationship between the Geriatric Emegency Department Collaborative online program (“we”, “us”, or “GEDC”) and you, the registrant and/or user (“you” or “user”), of our GEDC products and services. By registering for, logging into, or using the GEDC website, you agree to these terms as updated from time to time in accordance with below.
Access to the GEDC website
- By registering for, or logging into, gedcollaborative.com with an institutional user account, you warrant that the information provided is true and correct, and that you are authorized to use our system and services through an institution or organization with a valid and current GEDC subscription (“Institutional Subscriber”).
- By registering, or logging in, you agree:
- You will not provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one account, and if we disable your account, you will not create a new one without our permission.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else use your account, or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account.
Appropriate Use of GEDC Materials
- Your access to GEDC products and tools (“Materials”) is contingent on using them appropriately. Therefore, you will not copy, share, or otherwise use our Materials for any purpose other than co-management education and implementation, development, or improvement of your Institution’s health care services. You are expressly prohibited from selling or otherwise distributing, transferring, or disseminating GEDC Materials for monetary gain.
- The GEDC website and all viewable and discoverable content therein (including without limitation all data, text, images, audio, video, or code) are owned by GEDC and its licensors, including any Materials to which you are granted access. A limited, revocable, conditional, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license is granted to you to view this site and use the Materials as described in the preceding section, provided you adhere to all of the terms of this Agreement.
- You agree that any material breach of the preceding sections may result in irreparable harm to GEDC for which damages alone would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in addition to its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, GEDC shall be entitled to equitable relief, including both a preliminary and permanent injunction, if such a breach occurs.
Purpose of GEDC Materials
- GEDC DOES NOT provide medical advice or individual medical care. The content on the GEDC website is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Use of the site, including reliance on the content provided, is at your own risk. The GEDC content and webpages aim to provide general information and recommendations about the topics they present. They are not intended to make statements concerning the official policies and practices of the institutions unless stated otherwise.
- GEDC Materials include topics that are continually updated, enhanced, and evolving. A considerable effort has been made in good faith to ensure that the content on the GEDC website and material accessible from this site are accurate. Despite this effort, it is clear that the evolution of practice standards and/or other inaccuracies are inevitable. Consequently no guarantees are expressed or implied as to the accuracy, timeliness, currency or completeness of any information authored by persons at or agents of GEDC, or accessible using links from this site. Nor is any warranty made that the information obtained from this site or that of an affiliate is valuable or useful for any purpose.
- You agree to release, defend, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless GEDC, its officers, directors, members, employees, staff, volunteers, representatives, independent contractors or affiliates, (“Representatives”) from and against any and all claims, demands, or suits, arising out of or relating to your use of the GEDC website, or any GEDC Materials provided under this Agreement. Neither GEDC, nor its Representatives, shall have any liability relating to or resulting from the use of Materials or any error or omission therein. All Services are provided by GEDC on an advisory basis and shall in no way create a relationship with, or duty to, any customer, client, patient, beneficiary, or other recipient of services of you or your staff.
Additional Agreement Information
- Right to Control Access. GEDC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny or otherwise restrict your access if we have reason to believe you are violating any provision of this Agreement, or otherwise acting in an inappropriate manner with respect to its Materials.
- Right to Modify This Agreement. From time to time, we may update, modify, or correct this Agreement. The most recent modification date can be found at the end of this section, we encourage you to review these terms periodically. Your continued use of the GEDC website following changes to our Agreement constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
- No Breach for Interruptions; NO WARRANTIES. While GEDC will endeavor to maintain uninterrupted and high-quality systems and materials, interruptions, delays, or other technical issues, regardless of the nature or cause, shall not be considered a breach of this Agreement. ALL INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SYSTEMS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY GEDC ARE ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Further, we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties. You release us and our Representatives from any claim or damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, any claim you have against such third parties.
- This Agreement was updated on January 14, 2020.