GEDC Partners work together to transform ED care of older adults; catalyze action at local and national levels to support these care transformations; and evaluate the impact of these new models of care for older people.
GEDC is comprised of Emergency Departments dedicated to accomplishing these goals together, and sharing best practices in order to accelerate the evolutions in care models needed to improve emergency care for older adults. Read our Vision Mission and Values to understand more about who we are.About GEDC
Become a GEDC Partner
Application to be a GEDC Partner is available to all sites that participate in Geri ED courses, Boot Camps, and Boosters. Any ED committed to excellent care of older people may benefit from applying to be a GEDC partner.Inquire about partnership
Our current GEDC Partners are invited to stay in the GEDC and participate in the shared responsibilities enumerated below. Partners are evaluated on an ongoing basis.
GEDC Partnership Criteria & Responsibilities
- A GEDC Partner demonstrates a commitment from an institutional leader (at the chief executive level (CMO, CNO, COO, other), or a system vice president, or other appropriate leader) in the form of a letter of support, expressing strong commitment to the ED’s efforts to provide excellent care to older adults. A letter of support for the geriatric emergency department from health care system or hospital leadership (such as CMO, COO, CNO, CEO) meets this criteria.
- A GEDC Partner (or a team that represents the ED) participates in a GEDC Geriatric ED course, GEDC Boot Camp, or GEDC Booster and/or demonstrate active involvement in improving care of emergency department older patients. Participation in GEDC Course or Boot Camp, or on-going care improvements for older adult emergency department patients meets this criteria.
- A GEDC Partner conducts ongoing (interdisciplinary) QI initiatives in GED care, i.e., launch one QI initiative at minimum every two years; and assess and evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of QI projects that are centred around geriatric emergency care. Emergency Department based QI projects in a focus area of the Geriatric Emergency Department Guidelines meets this criteria.
- A GEDC Partner participates in GEDC activities on an ongoing basis. Participation in at least 1 GEDC event (for example webinars) per year meets this criteria.
- A GEDC Partner commits to helping other members improve their ED care of older adults. For example, a GEDC ED shares its experience and best practices when asked to do so by other members so collectively we can advance the ED care of older adults. Open and enthusiastic sharing of best practices with other GEDC partners through conversation, written communication, or website articles meets this criteria.
- A GEDC Partner reports QI data (perhaps aggregate data) with GEDC regarding its QI projects as well as basic ED demographics. Sharing de-identified aggregate data (which will be kept anonymous on request) with GEDC Coordinating Center in order to establish the demographics of GEDC sites and impact of QI projects meets this criteria.
Access to resources on the GEDC website (in development, not yet available)
Curriculum educational access (in development, not yet available)
Discounted access to webinars and seminars (final discounts being determined)
Discounted fees to Geri ED courses, Boot Camps and Booster Camps (final discounts being determined)
GEDC Faculty support
Peer guidance around research project development and metrics selection
Access to data-sharing and peer-to-peer benchmarking (in development, not yet available)
Access to shared research data (in development, not yet available)
Virtual office hours with both GEDC core faculty and peers
Enhanced ED reputation as a leader of a national project for Geriatric ED improvement
Advocate Aurora Sinai Medical Center (Milwaukee, WI)
Advocate Aurora Sheboygan Memorial MC (Sheboygan, WI)
Advocate Aurora West Allis MC (West Allis, WI)
Advocate Aurora St. Luke’s South Shore (Cudahy, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh (Oshkosh, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Grafton (Grafton, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Summit (Summit, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Washington (Wash. County, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Baycare (Baycare, WI)
Advocate Aurora Medical Center Kenosha (Kenosha, WI)
Emory University / Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, GA)
Magee Women’s Hospital of UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA)
Mount Sinai Medical Center (NYC, NY)
Northwestern University (Chicago, IL)
St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ)
University of California, San Diego (San Diego, CA)
University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
UNC Hospitals Hillsborough Campus (Hillsborough, NC)
St. Mary Mercy Hospital (Livonia, MI)
Cleveland Veterans (Cleveland, OH)
Tufts Medical Center (Boston, MA)
Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon, NH)
Ohio State University (Colombus, OHe )
Mayo Clinic Rochester (Rochester, MN)
Mayo Clinic Eau Claire (Eau Claire, WI)
Universite de Sherbrooke (Quebec, Canada)
University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA)
University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
Anne Arundel Medical Center (Annapolis, MD)
University of Colorado (Boulder, CO)
University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI)