For Healthcare Systems
What You'll Need to Apply
- You must be logged in to access this form. Please Sign in or create a GEDC member profile.
- Please review the partnership criteria and responsibilities below.
- Please have the following information handy to make your application process as smooth as possible:
- Letter of support from your health system leadership ready for upload (an example can be downloaded below)
- The names and accreditation levels of the hospitals within your system that will be part of the GEDC Partnership
- A statement about your Health Systems goals for geriatric emergency quality improvement
Partnership Criteria & Responsibilities
A GEDC Healthcare System will have demonstrated commitment from an institutional leader (at the chief executive level (CMO, CNO, COO, other), or a system vice president, or other appropriate leaders) in the form of a letter of support, expressing a strong commitment to a system-wide effort of providing excellent care to older adults.
A GEDC Healthcare System Partner conducts ongoing, interdisciplinary QI initiatives in GED care, i.e., launch one QI initiative at minimum every two years at participating hospitals; and assess and evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of QI projects that are centred around geriatric emergency care.
A GEDC Healthcare Systems Partner selects team champions to participate in GEDC training programs or educational engagement and/or demonstrates active involvement in improving the care of older patients.
A GEDC Healthcare Systems Partner commits to helping other members improve their ED care of older adults. For example, a GEDC ED shares its experience at the GEDC Healthcare Systems Roundtable and when asked to do so by other members so collectively we can advance the ED care of older adults.
A GEDC Healthcare Systems Partner will host at least 1 Healthcare Systems Roundtable meeting and participates in GEDC activities such as webinars, podcasts, or other events on an ongoing basis.
A GEDC Healthcare Systems Partner reports QI data (perhaps aggregate data) with GEDC regarding its QI projects as well as basic ED demographics. Sharing de-identified aggregate data (which will be kept anonymous on request) with GEDC Coordinating Center in order to establish the demographics of GEDC sites and impact of QI projects meets this criterion.