Recommended Podcasts for the Geri-ED
Emergency Physicians and care providers are busy folks looking to learn on the go. What better option than an awesome podcast on the way to or from work.
Here are a few of my top recommended podcasts for improving our knowledge about the complexities of assessing and treating older adults in the ED.
Geriatric Emergency Medicine Podcast hosted by Christina Shenvi
Anything here will be relevant for anyone providing care in an Emergency Department. Below are a few episodes featuring WestHealth collaborators/partners:
- New Geriatric ED Accreditation – and why you should care featuringDr,Chris Carpenter
- Why COVID-19 is a Geriatric Emrgency featuringTeresitaHogan
- Four Models of Care for Geriatric EDs featuring Lauren Southerland
- Be ADEPT: An approach to the older patient with confusion or agitation featuringSandy Schneider, Maura Kennedy
ACEP Frontline Podcast Episodes
This is a select list of ACEP Frontline episodes specific to geriatric ED accreditation and clinical aspects of the geriatric ED.
- ACEP GEDA Program featuring KevinBiese
- Why GEDA? Why ACEP, and why is a geriatric ED important? Featuring Sandy Schneider, Mark Rosenberg, KevinBiese
- How does your institution become a Geriatric Emergency Department withUla Hwang, Michael Malone,and Kevin Biese
- Tailoring Your Work in Geriatric Emergency Medicine with MariannaKarounos
- Trauma and Injury Preventionwith Shan Liu
Urgent Matters Podcast Episodes
All things relating to the delivery of emergency care – the episodes below touch on points regarding care of older adults in the ED.
- Disrupting geriatric care withKevinBiese and Zack Deyo
- A discussion with Dr. LindseyYourmanabout Fall Prevention
- Discussion with Innovation of the Year winner Call9, Dr Timothy Peck
Other podcast episodes
Finally, these other episodes are personal favourites that every ED care provider or physician should hear.
- Aging in the ER: Geriatric Emergency Medicine andEMRA podcast featuring Lauren Southerland
- EMIGCastEpisode 29: Geriatric Emergency Medicine FeaturingKatren Tyler at UC Davis)